Lunch time roles around and you are harried, pressured, thinking you really don’t have time to take an hour out of your day to feed yourself. Instead, you’ll post-pone that and maybe grab a coffee an hour later to keep going. Worse yet, you might seriously consider fast food…but you stop yourself. Now you’re into mid-afternoon and loosing steam. A more sustainable approach is to take even just 30 minutes and fuel your body with an energizing nutrient dense meal. Guaranteed you will feel better and be more productive. You can always add the coffee – or better yet, green tea – later in the afternoon.
I buy all this stuff on Monday or Tuesday and it usually lasts to Thursday or Friday. Keep it in the work fridge.
- 1 large carton of Earthbound Power Greens or some mixed greens (usually pre-washed and organic)
- Some Microgreens if you can find them
- Apple Cider or Basalmic Vinegar if you don’t already have some
- 4 to 8 oz. of a favorite protein source like tuna, salmon, chicken, tofu, beans, beef
- Optional: flax meal, chia seeds, avocado, walnuts, cashews
Make it look similar to the picture below and drizzle with 2 or 3 tsp of your vinegar. It’s wholesome, quite tasty, and keeps you going in a sustainable way. Enjoy. Savor it.